Metal Fabrication for the Transportation Industry
In the transportation industry, metal fabrication plays a critical role. Whether you are moving people or cargo by road, sea, rail or air, you must be sure that all work is done to exacting specifications with the high-quality materials and expertise essential to your project. People’s lives are in your hands, and cutting corners is unacceptable.
Is Your Current Fabricator Properly Equipped for Your Projects?
All too often, shops look to expand into new markets and areas, without the expertise and technology to back them up. While they may do certain tasks well, their engineers and metal workers lack the experience needed for your project.
Maloya has consistently ranked as a premier fabricator for the transportation industry for more than 50 years. With our state-of-the-art equipment, proprietary processes and highly trained, experienced staff, we adhere to the highest standards of efficiency and accuracy in the industry.
Get Your Work Done On Time and Correctly
Throughout the transportation industry, we hear of projects where jobs run late, fabricators could not handle non-standard shapes, complete fabrication from one source was impossible, and parts received were not reliable or ready for assembly on time.
At Maloya, we have strict procedures and guidelines in place to ensure that our experienced metal workers know exactly how your project should be done, and are able to do the work consistently.
- Our automated nesting software reduces your material costs by maximizing raw material yields;
- Our use of customer CAD files streamlines the manufacturing process. We have the latest versions of AutoCAD, Solidworks, Bysoft and Mastercam. We can also import and work with CAD data from virtually any software program;
- Our 3D modeling capabilities allow us to verify fit, form and function of your parts or assemblies before production;
- Our MieTrak production planning software ensures on-time delivery by monitoring your job from start to finish. It provides accurate costs and immediate order status throughout production.
Maloya also uses a highly effective ERP/MRP system to estimate production costs and execute customer quotations. Customers receive accurate and consistent pricing. With the XXXXXXXXXX system, we frequently return competitive quotes in less than one day. We supply quotations based upon almost any format of electronic data, hard copy drawings, samples or artwork.
Our Technology: Powerful and Accurate Laser Cutting Systems
We fabricate precision components using laser cutting technology to extremely close tolerances. Our 3000 and 4000 watt laser systems provide proven advantages over conventional metal fabrication methods. With large cutting tables (up to 78Ã¢â‚¬ï¿½ X 157Ã¢â‚¬ï¿½) and cutting capabilities from .010Ã¢â‚¬ï¿½ thick to .750Ã¢â‚¬ï¿½ thick, we can meet virtually all needs.
Furthermore, we have the capability of laser cutting round, square and rectangular tubing. Alternating cutting tables eliminates downtime during production runs, thereby reducing cost and lead-time.
We fabricate prototypes with minimum setup times and virtually no tooling costs. This saves material by optimizing yields in sheet, plate and tubing.
In addition, our laser cutting technology:
- Allows for quick and easy re-designing or changing of parts by simply modifying the existing CAD files;
- Saves material by optimizing yields in sheet, plate and tubing;
- Cuts any conceivable contour in flat metals without tooling costs.
Fabricated Parts from a Single Source
Maloya offers extensive resources and secondary operations to complete your job under one roof.
- Bending Ã¢â‚¬â€œ With up to 220 tons and full 8 axis CNC equipment, we can bend a wide variety of small and large parts in both thin and thick metals, up to 12 feet in length.
- Machining Ã¢â‚¬â€œ We employ CNC machining and a full complement of conventional equipment.
- Welding Ã¢â‚¬â€œ We use MIG and TIG welding on steel, stainless steel and aluminum.
- Finishing Ã¢â‚¬â€œ We use vibratory deburring, tumbling, graining and buffing.
- Inventory Ã¢â‚¬â€œ Our extensive inventory of materials helps reduce lead-time.
- Quality Ã¢â‚¬â€œ CMM and calibrated inspection tools. Our system operates according to ISO 9001 standards.
Reach out to Maloya Today
Our engineers would be happy to discuss your project. When it comes to fabrication for the transportation industry, we have the experience to help you get your next project done on time and on budget. Call us today and see how we can add value for you.